8. The Ancient Cave
The Ancient Cave is back, and in a slightly different version than before. As
the levels are random, I cannot make a complete guide. However, here are some
basic tips to help you.
You can find the Ancient Cave in Gruberik, west of the Marketplace. You can
access if after the Auction event. Only Eldin can enter, and brings his DM
Entering the cave at the beginning of the game can be risky, but terribly
rewarding. With only 1 character inside, you will end up with several extra
levels, and some good stuff to equip or sell.
To get out, you need to find some Providence. It's pretty rare, and all depends
on luck whether you find some or not. You can find it on the 1st level
sometimes, will some other you'll reach the 40th floor without getting one.
If you die, you lose everything you found (items and gold), all the EXP you
got, including new skills, and everything you brought with you.
- Always save before entering the Ancient Caave, in case you get killed and
don't wanna lose your stuff.
- You can only bring 10 items in the cave, pplus your equipment. You can bring
as many of the 10 items you choose. So if you choose to bring potions, try to
bring 99 of them.
- You can only use items, magic and equip yoou character at the beginning of a
- You can also use items and magic in a batttle, if you happen to get into one.
- There are no roaming enemies, you can onlyy get battles in chests are other
- Don't waste your time cutting grass
- Once you enter a new room, you cannot go bback to the previous, so make sure
- Monsters get tougher as you progress throuugh the cave, but rewards also
As you venture through the cave you may find something strange, a kind of
suspicious object. It may be a skull, a light ball, anything strange. These are
shrines, they can give you benefits, but beware, some have nasty effects. I
wont go on detailing them, there're some good ancient cave faqs at
gamefaqs.com. Just go get one.